Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Le weekend

When our friends from the big city come up to visit us, I like to try to show them some green: to take them out to the countryside so that they can see the reason for our move to the provinces. Unfortunately, the weather was so crappy this weekend, that we failed a country walk. We did, however have a charming time in the company of our good friends; Simon, Laurence, Daryl, Alecia, and Kiran. We saw the bright lights of Liverpool, ending our Saturday in chinatown for a banquet (would you believe that Crispy Seaweed is not actually seaweed, but rather deep fried spring greens - this is an incontrovertible fact). On the Sunday, we hit the beach at Crosby to see the Anthony Gormley statues, then on to Farmer Teds to stroke a Llama.
It was great to see them, and I really enjoyed hearing Spanish and French spoken in Casa Stretton. It just makes me wish I was better at languages, so that I could teach Maya, as Daryl and Alecia have done with Kiran.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a lovely weekend too. However, I just cannot let it lie. You are a seaweed unbeliever! It is not an incontrovertible fact. Check this out:
http://www.seaweed.ie/defaulttuesday.html

Many thanks again for your charming company and great hosting abilities..will see you soon.

And stop crying!

Anonymous said...

a little postscript - have a great break in Prague