
So last night, Liam Neeson and Bongo from U2 invade my front room and start snapping their fingers at me to tell me that people are starving, and that if I wear a white wristband, this will stop.
I forget instantly about it, but at the newsagents this morning, I notice a selection of these charity wristbands for sale on the counter. They are all different colours, and I ask the man if these are the makepovertyhistory wristbands. He regrets that no, they are not. He has anti-bullying, and anti-racism, but not anti-poverty. In a snap decision, I elect that I am more bothered about poverty than I am about bullying or racism, so I leave the shop with only a newspaper under my arm.
However, I am suggestible, so I have now ordered one online. Once this wristband arrives through my letterbox, I assume that all poverty in the world will stop. I will let you know when this happens.
4 comments:
And what do you do with the tonnes of plastic that wont degrade for 60 squillion years? Someone should be making avocado-oiled Hemp bracelets woven by old dogs with no teeth in Pakistan. Much more biodegradable and therefore better all round.
And what do you do with the tonnes of plastic that wont degrade for 60 squillion years? Someone should be making avocado-oiled Hemp bracelets woven by old dogs with no teeth in Pakistan. Much more biodegradable and therefore better all round.
Soz about all that...
Post a Comment